Saturday, April 25, 2015

This Little Light, I'm Gonna Let It Shine!

I was puttering around in Tait and Tola's room when Tait pipes up from his bed,

"Hey, Mommy?" (This is how he starts a lot of his conversations with us--Hey, Mommy? Hey, Dad?)
"Yes, Tait?" I say, my back still to him.

"What do you think I should be when I grow up?"

"Well," I say, turning around to face him, "what do you think you should be? How do you think God wants you to use your talents, the things you're good at?"

"The things I'm good at?" He muses, then continues in his high-pitched little-boy voice, "Wellllll.... I'm really good at fighting! And hey, Mommy? I'm good at building Legos. Oh, and I'm really good at walking through the woods without getting stuck with prickly thorn bushes! What do you think I should do with those talents?"

Ummm...Anyone?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to comment. It's okay. Don't be shy!